Misbehaving photocopiers are bad news for reprographics departments and for teachers. Check out our handy troubleshooting guide and tame your copier once and for all…
- Your paper is a delicate soul and needs storing with respect. Don’t chuck boxes on top of each other. Although reams are packed in boxes, damaging them can cause problems for your copier.
- Your paper never learnt to swim. Storing your paper in damp or humid spaces is a sure-fire way to crinkle the sheets and encourage them to jam. A nice, warm, dry environment is best for your paper’s wellbeing.
- Your paper gets chilly and likes to be wrapped up. If only using some of your ream, be sure to tape up or otherwise wrap the rest of it, until you need it again.
- Your photocopier has dietary requirements and must be fed a specific diet. Ultra-cheap paper is often not made from wood pulp at all, but from agricultural residues such as straw, corn husks or sugar cane. This creates dust on the sheet which is no good for your copier’s delicate tummy. Speaking of dust…
- Your photocopier likes to be squeaky clean. When you spring clean your office, don’t neglect your copier. Ideally take advantage of the service plans offered by your copier suppliers. A clean machine is a happy machine.
- Your paper is all at odds. Paying less for copier paper often means that the sheets are not cut at the optimum angle for copying. Spending slightly more on a more premium sheet will avoid jams and save you more time in the long run.
- Your copier likes to receive its paper in a delicate manner. Shoving the paper in or forcing it through the roller upsets it. Treat it kindly. Line up your paper properly and whisper quietly to it as it pulls the paper through (well maybe not that last bit but you get the drift).
- No one likes change – not even your copier. Regularly changing the type of paper you use in your copier will upset it. Try to keep your paper supply consistent and only use one type of paper for each print job.
- Your copier needs professional help. With 20 years of experience in paper and copying, our super friendly team know just how to keep your copier happy. Give us a call and we can give you quality advice on how to be kind to your copier and boost your reprographic efficiency.
We always offer consistent supply of top-quality paper to suit your budget as well as yours, and your copier’s needs. A happy copier is an efficient one!